Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shumlin Defends Lowell Wind
http://newportvermontdailyexpress.com/content/shumlin-defends-lowell-wind

"I do not believe that wind projects in Vermont should be built in any community that doesn’t vote for them. In other words, I’m a big believer in local control...."
"Now in terms of the overall state policy, I don’t believe that all of the wind should be stuck up in the Northeast Kingdom. I don’t think that’s fair."
"I also don’t believe that every Vermont mountain should have wind projects on it. 
I think there is a limited capacity for wind in Vermont." 
"If Vermonters feel that I made the wrong decisions, the beauty of Vermont is that every two years we get to throw the rascal out if we think they really messed this one up." 
-Governor Shumlin

Audio of the Mark Johnson Show available under Video/Photos/Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment